Feb 20, 2013

HOW TO MIGRATE LOTUS NOTES EMAIL TO OUTLOOK?


E-mails are the most fast & reliable way for exchange of information. In IT world, there are various email service providers such as Gmail, Lotus Notes, Microsoft, Thunderbird, Yahoo and many more. These emails services have their own applications, own file format as well as interface to communicate with server. Although there are many email service providers but there are few features that make MS-Outlook user's first choice as compared to Lotus Notes that are
  • Installation Cost
  • User Friendly Interface
  • More Secure
  • Easy Migration
Both these e-mail application service provider (Lotus Notes & Ms-Outlook) have their own pros & Cons. I am also an IT professional using Lotus Notes application. As a Lotus Notes user, I am facing many difficulties like:-
  • File Doesn't Exist
  • Entry Not Found In Index
  • Server Error
  • Database is Incorrect
Therefore, sometimes it's difficult for me to maintain my lotus notes files i.e. NSF. Every time, I need a technical expert to sort out my NSF file problem. Then I decided to use email services provided by Microsoft & choose MS-Outlook, I found, it's good for me to use MS-Outlook for the same work. I hope you also know, Lotus Notes are associated with NSF file format to store email where as MS-Outlook is associated with PST for the same. To use MS-Outlook, as a source of exchange information, I have to convert my all NSF files in to PST files. Here, I am assuming that you are aware of all importance of NSF & PST file. By applying few steps, I have successfully migrate my all Lotus Notes email to MS-Outlook mail .I am sharing these steps with you which will help you in migrating your Lotus Notes in to PST file.

Requirement for Migration: - We know NSF & PST files support by different email applications. These email applications use different interface to perform their operations. That’s' why before migration, you need following two applications:-
  • Lotus Notes
  • Microsoft Outlook.

Steps for Migration: - Follow few steps to migrate your NSF file in to PST file.
  1. Start you Lotus Notes.
  2. Inside the Lotus Notes there is a mail tab. Click on the mail tab.
  3. In Mail tab you see a Menu bar is appearing.
  4. Go to Menu bar & click on the File section ,
  5. In file section go to Export option.
  6. As you click on Export you see a wizard starts named as “Export”.
  7. Continue with your Export Wizard.
  8. Now, To Export all the mails click on End section to stop the Wizard.
  9. In Next Step open your Microsoft Outlook.
  10. Import your all mail files.
  11. Again go to File Menu and click on wizard named as “Export & Import”.
  12. Start the process through wizard by clicking on the file You Export from Lotus Notes.
  13. You will be asked “What File you want to Import in to Outlook”
  14. Click on the Finish to end the wizard.
  15. Import your all Lotus Notes file mail file in to MS-Outlook files.

These are the few simple steps to migrate your NSF file in to PST files. This is the free method of migrating your all NSF files in to PST files. However if you are not able to migrate your file by using above steps then don't worry .There is one another option to migrate your NSF files in to PST files that is third party tool. Various third party tools (NSF to PST File Converter) are available in the market along with their user manual. They also provide you assuring of no data loss.

I hope the information shared by me is useful to migrate NSF files to PST files.

No comments: